The Push Youth Advisory Committee
The Push is on the hunt for six young people, aged 16-25 from across Victoria to become members of The Push Youth Advisory Committee. We are looking for young people with a diverse range of music interests and backgrounds who are committed to youth culture and development, preferably with experience in youth music events or activities.
The Push Youth Advisory Committee is comprised of 12 young people, meeting monthly with The Push staff in order to achieve the organisation’s strategic aims and objectives. Members of The Push Youth Advisory Committee are appointed for a period of two years.
The Youth Advisory Committee plays an important role in all aspects of The Push, including:
- advising The Push on programs, services and events
- representing young people with a diverse range of backgrounds and interests within the area of music and culture
- assisting in service planning, delivery and evaluation by providing hands on support for Push activities through which skills and experience are developed and enhanced
- promoting and profiling youth music culture in Victoria
- profiling The Push and its programs, having a presence at events and representation at relevant sector forums
- participating in the governance and upholding the values of The Push
What are the requirements?
- Be aged between 15 – 25 years old
- Live in Victoria
- Demonstrated commitment to youth culture and development, preferably with experience in youth music events or activities
- Be able to attend at least 80% of monthly Youth Advisory Committee meetings (video/teleconference is available for rural and regional members)
- Be involved as an active participant of the Youth Advisory Committee until December 2019
|The Push Youth Advisory Committee Applications Close||Monday 22 January 2018, 5pm|
|Youth Advisory Committee Meetings
The Push, Brunswick Town Hall
|First Monday of the month
6pm – 8pm
Commencing Monday 5 February 2018
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
For further questions or information on the Youth Advisory Committee, please contact The Push on (03) 9380 1277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.