From July 2019, The Push is launching a new grants program for live music venues, booking agents, artists, promoters and community organisations to stage all-ages music events across Victoria. Over two rounds, 20 x $2,000 grants will be available to cover any costs associated with staging all-ages music events in an existing live music venue. This may include artist fees, production costs, marketing and promotion or venue hire fees.
“The Push looks forward to working with the contemporary music sector to reinvigorate all-ages music events across Victoria. We want to see artists, promoters, booking agents, venues and organisations using these grants to stimulate all-ages activity and foster opportunities for our next generation of live music audiences.” – Kate Duncan, CEO, The Push Inc
To apply for The Push All-Ages Grants Program, complete an online Expression of Interest here. Round one applications close 5pm, Wednesday 7 August 2019.
The Push All-Ages Grants Program is supported by the Victorian Government through the Community Support Fund.
(for events between 20 August 2019 – 24 February 2020)
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 7 August 2019
Applicants notified of outcome Monday 12 August 2019
(for events between 31 January 2020 – 30 April 2020)
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 15 January 2020
Applicants notified of outcome Friday 24 January 2020
Applications will be accepted from artists, promoters, booking agents, venues and organisations who propose to host an all-ages event within an existing live music venue in Victoria.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must:
- Deliver an all-ages event in Victoria between 20 August 2019 – 30 April 2020
- Demonstrate how you will ensure your event is strictly drug, alcohol and smoke free and has suitable measures in place to mitigate any identified risks
- Use the funds for artist fees, production costs, marketing and promotion or venue hire fees (administrative fees or wages not included)
- Ensure the grant is successfully acquitted within four weeks of the event taking place
- Report on specific event information outlined in the application process
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Demonstrated all-ages networks and engagement with all-ages audiences. This may include social media analytics and previous all-ages audience attendance figures
- Demonstrated ability to directly target and market the event to all-ages audiences across Victoria
- Demonstrated understanding of risks associated with staging all-ages events
- Event is held in an existing live music venue in Victoria
- Demonstrated programming of Victorian artists
- Demonstrated representative programming of culturally and linguistically diverse people, women and gender non-binary artists, people of colour and First Nations artists
A panel consisting of representatives from The Push Inc and three representatives from the live music industry will assess the applications. All applications will be assessed against the stated assessment criteria. The assessment panel may request additional information from an applicant in order to make a determination. All decisions will be final. Feedback will be given to unsuccessful applicants by request only.
Please note: Payment of the funds will be processed upon the applicant providing venue confirmation, artist line-up and a valid invoice, no later than three weeks before the event date. If you plan on hosting your event within three weeks of the grant period beginning, please ensure you are including confirmed event details in your application.
For further information on The Push All-Ages Grants Program, please contact The Push on (03) 9380 1277 or email email@example.com.