The latest series of combined FReeZA worker and committee training days have been announced, and once again they are also open to the general public. These free training sessions are a terrific opportunity to improve your knowledge of event management issues as well as participate in some hands-on workshops, network with other committees and hear firsthand from music industry experts.
Dates and locations are as follows:
- Gippsland – Tuesday 30 June, 10:30am-3:30pm @ Traralgon Conference Centre, 49-63 Princes Street, Traralgon. [View program]
- Ballarat – Tuesday 7 July, 10:30am-3:30pm @ Ballarat Town Hall, 225 Sturt Street, Ballarat. [View program]
- Melbourne – Thursday 9 July, 10:30am-3:30pm @ Fitzroy Town Hall, 201 Napier St, Fitzroy. [View program]
The program includes:
- A session on careers in the music industry, including getting your foot in the door and planning, with panellists Wil Wagner (The Smith Street Band), Ash Sambrooks (Higher Plains), and Steve Nichols (Spinning Half)
- Live sound and lighting workshop with Jamie Cooke (Moss Music Group)
- Implementing a successful publicity plan with Ash Sambrooks
- Community Radio and utilising it in a marketing plan, with Josie Smart (SYN Media)
- Event Management – Planning for a creative event concept with Phil Pandongan (The Push) and DJ Rellik
- Open discussion for Freeza workers with Greg Box and Shane Wickens
- Securing a lineup, deal structures and approaching bands, with Steve Nichols
- Developing a referral program for experienced Freeza committee members
- Live performance from Wil Wagner
- Networking opportunities
- Free lunch
Registrations have now closed.
If you have any further questions please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 9380 1277.