TKAY MAIDZA is on the hunt for a Digital Content Creator to work closely with her on all aspects of her creative output! This is an amazing opportunity for aspiring or established creatives, and will involve travel, tight deadlines, and some demanding schedules.
The Digital Content Creator will be an all rounder whose tasks will include:
- Creating digital content, artwork, tour posters and merch designs etc.
- Organising, budgeting and executing photoshoots
- Providing video content while on tour/wherever requested
If you are skilled in photography and photoshop, videography and final cut pro and graphic design using Illustrator or InDesign, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for! Although the ideal candidate would be based in Adelaide, other locations will be considered so check out the details and how to apply HERE. Applications close Saturday 10 March.
BANDMATES VICTORIA is a great program that matches volunteers with people over 18 with a disability or mental health issue to go out and see some live music! They currently have two employment opportunities:
- Logistics and Liason Officer - for someone who has demonstrated skills and knowledge working with people with disability and commitment to access and equity, knowledge of social media platforms and strong community engagement and development, and experience in logistics and project administration.
- Relationships and Engagement Officer - for someone who has demonstrated knowledge and understanding of community development theory and practice, the principles of community inclusion and commitment to social justice and equity, the ability to network and build strong relationships with people, local government and the music industry, an understanding of Victoria's live music scene, and working with people with a disability or mental health issues.
Applications for both roles close on Sunday the 18th of February.
- Ever wanted to join your local FReeZA committee? Well now's your chance as FReeZA committee's across Victoria are looking for new members! If you're interested in learning about event management, promotion and marketing, stage management, artist booking, teamwork, networking and budgeting in a drug/alcohol/smoke free environment, then consider what joining your local crew might have to offer. The contact details for all FReeZA committees can be found at freeza.vic.gov.au.
- Internships are available at music news website Tone Deaf. They're looking for bright young faces who'd like to learn more about publishing, the internet, and the music industry, and are interested in getting involved behind the scenes. The internship program runs for four months, one day a week, at their office in Prahran, Melbourne. Tasks include assignment writing including features, columns, and opinion, reviews, phone & video interviews, research, slideshows, the twice-weekly mixtape, and attending editorial meetings. For more info go to www.tonedeaf.com.au or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be on the lookout at Pedestrian for upcoming internships and volunteer positions. If you are interested in applying for an internship, head to http://www.pedestrian.tv/jobs/ for the details.
- Are you interested in volunteer work? Check out http://volunteeringvictoria.org.au for opportunities near you.
- St Martins Youth Arts Centre in South Yarra offers work experience throughout the year, giving young people the chance to gain skills in production, arts administration and marketing. To get a foot in the door give them a call on 9867 2477 or email email@example.com.
- 6AM AT THE GARAGE is a music blog run out of Melbourne, and are looking for writers/contributors, who are dance music lovers to write reviews and be involved in interviews. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- The Northsider, north Melbourne's most established culture & lifestyle newspaper, are looking for contributors interested in producing content for our local news, culture & lifestyle, food, music and art sections. See here to apply.
- New magazine, Prism is looking for contributing writers. Currently this is in a unpaid capacity with the possibility of leading to paid submissions. Send through examples of your work and an idea or two for future articles to Michael Cunningham: email@example.com.
- Independent music website AAA Backstage are currently looking for music writers/contributors to help provide reviews, interviews, news stories and more!
- Top Dog Entertainment is looking for energetic and enthusiastic mobile and event DJs to join our Melbourne team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all relevant experience and contact details.
- Career Development Grants for Individuals and Groups – Grants available from $5,000 - $25,000.
- Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups – Grants available from $10,000 to $50,000.
- Regional Performing Arts Touring Fund
Closing dates for 2018 rounds for each of these grants are as follows:
Tuesday 6th February - for projects starting after 1st May 2018.
Tuesday 5th June - for projects starting after 1st September 2018.
Tuesday 2nd October - for projects starting 1st January 2019.
You can find more information and check out way more funding opportunities on the Australia Council website.
- Music Works grants
- Quick Response grants
Activity commencing from 8th February 2018 - open 18th December, close 18th January.
Activity commencing from 12th April 2018 - open 1st March, close 22nd March.
Activity commencing from 14th June 2018 - open 3rd May, close 24th May.
Activity commencing from 16th August 2018 - open 28th June, close 26th July.
Activity commencing from 11th October 2018 - open 23rd August, close 20th September. -Major Funding Rounds
Activity commencing from 1st June 2018 - open 25th January, close 15th February.
Activity Commencing from 1st November 2018 - open 21st June, close 19th July.
- Good Music Neighbours Grants for activity commencing 1st July 2018 - open 29th March, close 26th April.
Check out more funding opportunities on the Creative Victoria website.
- Development grants
-Feature Film Development
- Production grants
-Assigned Production Investment- Film and Television
- Gaming grants
-Assigned Production Investment- Games
Check out information on these grants, as well as more funding opportunities, on the Film Victoria website.